Thursday, August 20, 2009

Facebook

I have been a Facebooker since my sister was travelling in South America and uploading all her photos and updates to facebook, it was the first social networking site I joined, didn't really see the point in myspace, who would want to put all there information out there for all the world to see, it seemed to me very teenage and egocentric, however I liked the photo function of Facebook and it has become a daily ritual for me. I love seeing what other people are up too, especially great for keeping up with overseas friends. I started off making friends with everyone I could to get my friends numbers up there but then soon realised i wasn't interested in all the updates and quizzes so reduced my list down to only real friends who I would acutually be pleased to see and talk to in the street. When I was travelling in Europe it was a great comfort , also was a one stop shop for photos, updates and online chat. Sometimes I get frustrated with it especially as it is an excellent timewaister. I am more of a watcher than an active facebooker, I hardly ever update picutres or write what I am doing though I do occasionally comment on peoples picutres and write on friends walls, a great cheaper alternative to text.

No comments:

Post a Comment